Sunday 6 June 2010

"Greek is chic"


At long last, tonight I'm watching Julie & Julia, and realised I need to make my first confession:

Sometimes, when I'm craving something sweet [but am avoiding eating ice cream] for dessert, I'll pull out the Greek Yogurt.  Fage (pronounced "fa-yeh") happens to be my favourite brand thus far, out of various kinds I've sampled (even though TJ's own brand is good, the nearest store is in Atlanta).


Greek yogurt is simply delicious in all its creamy, tangy goodness, with such a silky texture.  It reminds me of mix between gelato, regular ice cream, frozen yogurt, and some sort of rich cream (clotted or sour, perhaps?) except... different.  Purely ambrosial.


Second confession?  I do not much care for flavoured yogurt (ergo, don't generally eat the stuff if it can be helped!), with all the added (and, might I add, unnecessary) sugar and chemicals; which equals calories and unhealthiness.  There is a myriad of complimentary ingredients and toppings one can add to complete one's creamy treat, including natural sweeteners such as honey or Agave Nectar, fresh fruit, Granola/Müsli, Flax seeds, Coconut Oil, etc.  Greek yogurt is also an excellent replacement for heavier fillers like sour cream, in dressings, sauces, and baking.


And now, I shall leave you with a coupon I just discovered on Fage's website; enjoy, and happy eating!

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...