Thursday 28 October 2010

What to do with leftovers: Fajita Fix


Traditionally, this ethnic dish is made with cuts of Skirt or Flank steak, but since I had some Tri-Tip steak left over from the other night, I decided to make Steak Fajitas!


For a basic marinade, have a look at Tyler Florence's.  My mojo included:
  • Lime juice (freshly-squeezed or whatever is in your refrigerator)
  • Ground cumin
  • Ground oregano
  • Chili powder
  • Chili paste
  • Chopped garlic
  • Salt & Pepper
Sauté the chopped onions and bell peppers together until soft (not to the point of being mushy, though).  Pick out your favourite tortillas for the Fajita base; I served both corn and whole wheat flour tortillas.  Typical condiments for this dish are sour cream, diced tomatoes &/or salsa, shredded lettuce (I made a full-on salad because my family are serious salad eaters), pico de gallo/salsa fresca, and of course, you cannot forget the cheese and guacamole!

Two perfect side dishes are beans, &/or rice (typical, I know... But they were muy delicioso!).  My arroz was cooked with salsa in (giving it a nice Mexican flair), and los frijoles negros were very aromatic with cloves.

 (Unfortunately, I didn't capture the salad before it left the well-lit kitchen into the candle-lit dining room!)


¡Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...