Wednesday 20 April 2011

The Resurrection Joy

Source: Flickr (user mariakallin)

If you've been following my blog for a while now, then you know that I'm a plan-aheader (and apparent new word-creator!) and that I enjoy a good celebration.  With Easter well on it's way, here are some culinary and party inspiration:


(The GF Cake Pops are calling!)
 
 
(I can just picture baskets full of Crepe Paper Carrots around the house.  So cute!)



What are your Easter traditions?  Do you still dye eggs (The Kitchn's naturally-dyed eggs came out beautifully!)?  That's one nostalgic activity I just haven't given up.  Is there a particular food that is present on your table every year?  When my family and I are together, my dad usually grills a scrumptiously tender lamb (recipe courtesy of Epicurious).  I look forward to it every year (despite the infamous year where complete disaster struck -- of course, you can bet that I will tell that tale soon)!

Photos and recipes of Resurrection Day festivities forthcoming.



Source: Flickr (user kathy_zygo)

"Let the Resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness."  
Floyd W. Tomkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...