Thursday 12 May 2011

Fröhlichen Muttertag


Mother of mine...

I love my mum so very much.  She is—in two words—truly incredible.  When we lived across the country from each other last year, hers was the soul that came to mind the oftenest and whom I missed the most.
(This is a recent photo of the two of us it was a bright afternoon, hence the sunnies!)

"Are we not like two volumes of one book?"
Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

 She is always there; providing loving support, encouragement, and advice from having traveled life's path before me (godly wisdom beyond my years).  I am so thankful for her and all that she does!

"Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies."
– Proverbs 31:10
    
These are from Sunday's party with friends and family, in celebration of our extraordinary mothers.  The dads grilled meat outside, whilst the rest of us busied ourselves prepping inside, and successfully keeping our mums OUT of the kitchen.  They deserve the day off, don't you think?
  

"Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." 
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
  

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
Washington Irving
  
  

 Can I mention how delightful this wine was?  Sofia Coppola Rosé (I think it was vintage 2010).  It tasted like roses and strawberries and all of the sweet summery fruits you can
think of.  I don't usually fancy Rosé, but this was maravilloso. 
  
    
"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. "
Jewish Proverb
  
  
"Never marry a man who hates his mother, because he'll end up hating you." Jill Bennett
  

Have I mentioned how much I love these two?  They're my younger (though far taller than me, so would that make them "Little-Big"?) brothers.

And this one is for you, Mum... Thanks for putting up with all of our wonkiness!

"Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children."
Sam Levenson

¡Te amo, Mamia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...