Tuesday 22 January 2013

Cinnamon Roll Cake


My home was in serious need of [gluten free] baked goods yesterday, so I gave in to the craving and made this Cinnamon Roll Cake (found via Pinterest).  Mix one part “having never tried this recipe before” to one part “deciding to make it sans gluten” + a smidge of other modifications = this week's baking adventure.

Cinnamon Roll Cake [Gluten Free]

INGREDIENTS:

 3 cups flour (I used Pamela's baking+pancake mix here)
 1/2 tsp. salt
 1 cup sugar (I reduced it to 1/2 cup)
 4 tsp. baking powder
 1 1/2 cups milk (Silk Almond milk used)
 2 eggs
 2 tsp. vanilla
 1/2 cup butter (melted)
 1 cup butter (softened)
 1 cup brown sugar (I did less than a cup and it was perfect)
 2 TB flour
 1 TB cinnamon



DIRECTIONS:


1. Mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla together. 
2. Stir in melted butter, slowly.  Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
3. Mix topping ingredients (1 cup butter softened, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon).  Drop over cake mixture evenly.
4. Swirl your topping and cake mixture with a knife going up and down the length of the pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.
6. Top with the glaze which is made by mixing 2 cups powdered sugar, 5 TB milk and 1 tsp. vanilla.  Drizzle over the cake while it's still warm.

My favourite thing about this recipe is that it takes less time to make/bake than regular cinnamon rolls do.  If you are short on time but still want that delicious flavour and texture, try this cake instead.

As you can see, I lessened the amounts of sugar, and the cake turned out jus' fiiiine (pssst, in fact, my family couldn't stay away from the kitchen and my full 9x13 baking dish contains mysteriously less cake than it did when it came out of the oven yesterday!).  I'm definitely having a serving with breakfast tomorrow, before it's entirely demolished...

Are you frantically searching for ingredients yet?  Let me know your results with a comment below!

Both images were taken with my iPhone and from my Instagram

P.S.  Scrolling through a page of entries from last year, I noticed that I had a similar craving at exactly this time last year.   Coincidence?  I think not!

1 comment:

  1. Great post on "Cinnamon Roll Cake". I have to appreciate your post & content flow. I found this post will be very useful for readers. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Get in touch with us via our websites vegetarian restaurant | sweet shop

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...