Wednesday, 20 April 2011

The Resurrection Joy

Source: Flickr (user mariakallin)

If you've been following my blog for a while now, then you know that I'm a plan-aheader (and apparent new word-creator!) and that I enjoy a good celebration.  With Easter well on it's way, here are some culinary and party inspiration:

♦

(The GF Cake Pops are calling!)
 
 
(I can just picture baskets full of Crepe Paper Carrots around the house.  So cute!)


♦

What are your Easter traditions?  Do you still dye eggs (The Kitchn's naturally-dyed eggs came out beautifully!)?  That's one nostalgic activity I just haven't given up.  Is there a particular food that is present on your table every year?  When my family and I are together, my dad usually grills a scrumptiously tender lamb (recipe courtesy of Epicurious).  I look forward to it every year (despite the infamous year where complete disaster struck -- of course, you can bet that I will tell that tale soon)!

Photos and recipes of Resurrection Day festivities forthcoming.



Source: Flickr (user kathy_zygo)

"Let the Resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness."  
– Floyd W. Tomkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...