Friday, 11 February 2011

Valentine's Day decadence

Here is an easily-put together dessert that is as healthy as it is supremely satisfying.  Best of both worlds, don't you think?

Oh, and I neglected to add a final optional step!  If you're feeling extra fancy, melt a tad more chocolate (say, a darker brown or white) to drizzle over the tops of the chilled/already-dipped strawberries.  They will look like this (don't click unless you can handle all the chocolate-y goodness -- I'm on overload right now!).


Now, I am a devoted brown chocolate lover (the darker, the better, in my book), but if white chocolate's your thing...



(GF scrumptiousness below, but check these out even if you're not avoiding gluten)

♥  Elana's Pantry Gluten Free Valentine's Day Desserts 

♥  Ginger Lemon Girl's Gluten Free Valentine's Day Recipes 

♥ Gluten Freeda's Valentine's Desserts 


In other news (though it ties in with the recipe above), I recently concocted a Mexican hot chocolate drink (which undoubtedly needs perfecting, so if you have any tips or happen to be from down South...).  Can you imagine my delight when I came across Sippity Sup's Chile Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries?  That's right, amigos... CHILES.  This spicy twist just may have awakened a dangerous trend in my kitchen (and my heart)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...