Friday 11 February 2011

Valentine's Day decadence

Here is an easily-put together dessert that is as healthy as it is supremely satisfying.  Best of both worlds, don't you think?

Oh, and I neglected to add a final optional step!  If you're feeling extra fancy, melt a tad more chocolate (say, a darker brown or white) to drizzle over the tops of the chilled/already-dipped strawberries.  They will look like this (don't click unless you can handle all the chocolate-y goodness -- I'm on overload right now!).


Now, I am a devoted brown chocolate lover (the darker, the better, in my book), but if white chocolate's your thing...



(GF scrumptiousness below, but check these out even if you're not avoiding gluten)

  Elana's Pantry Gluten Free Valentine's Day Desserts 

  Ginger Lemon Girl's Gluten Free Valentine's Day Recipes 

Gluten Freeda's Valentine's Desserts 


In other news (though it ties in with the recipe above), I recently concocted a Mexican hot chocolate drink (which undoubtedly needs perfecting, so if you have any tips or happen to be from down South...).  Can you imagine my delight when I came across Sippity Sup's Chile Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries?  That's right, amigos... CHILES.  This spicy twist just may have awakened a dangerous trend in my kitchen (and my heart)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...