Thursday 7 April 2011

Eggs scrambled

"You have to try my eggs scrambled! And I do mean eggs scrambled, and not scrambled eggs.  BIG difference."


When I'm wanting eggs (at any given time of the day, or night even), these are a quick fix.  They are scrumptious, equal parts fluffy and dense (does that even make sense?), and easily whipped up in less than five minutes.  What they most decidedly aren't are nasty, wimpy, soggy eggs (gross, perish the thought!).

Are you convinced yet?  Here are my usual not-so-secret ingredients:

  • 1-2 eggs (sometimes, I just use the whites and save the yolks for later - gasp!)
  • Shredded Mexican cheese (or whatever beckons to be used in the refrigerator)
  • Liberal sprinkle of basilico and oregano
  • Dash of dill (I know, 'sounds strange when combined the above, but trust me on this!)
  • Pinch of salt
  • Lots of freshly ground pepper

    Begin by whisking the egg(s).  You're likely wondering how I could forget the milk or cottage cheese at this point; well, this may surprise you, but generally, I just add a bit of water + a sprinkle of cheese, mix together, and pour in a hot pan.  Try it sometime, the water actually works very nicely!

    If I have time, then I'll finely dice half of a tomato in too.

    While the egg(s) is cooking (but keep an eye or two on it), slice up some fruit, and now you have a superb little breakfast!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    You might also like

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...